Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tuesday, June 14

Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Just finished dinner. Had a long day, but very interesting, as I am having the pastors give an exegetical sermon in class – a good way for them to do instead of just hear. They are doing a really good job of analyzing a text and communicating the author’s intent in a relevant manner with appropriate illustrations and principles to apply to everyday life here in Russia, or anywhere for that matter.

I got home at 10:30 last night. Went with the Bible school director to his city, which is about 20 km from Naberezhny Chilny. Yesterday was a holiday in Russia, so no one worked and the church in the city I visited had a special meeting for me. I think they just wanted to see the American, which doesn’t come their way, but very rarely (and see the ironed undershirt:). Sort of like seeing the circus when it comes to town – something different. Anyway, I had a great time with them – got some good pictures then drove down the the Kama River and took a walk along the bank – people everywhere, and swimming in suits that exceeds the limits of good sense – men too in their speedo type suits that violates your sense of propriety to look at. I wish I could bring this weather home with me – evenings cool in the low 60’s and daytime highs in the low 80’s at best, and no humidity, with rain about every other day. Everything is lush and green. And flowers are everywhere, and most of them are pyonese (still don’t know how to spell that word, but I mow around them about twice a week).

The pastor, Stephan, and his wife are from Ukraine, and she cooked a wonderful Ukrainian meal, of which I took a picture, and we ate fresh-picked strawberries. I forgot how much better fresh strawberries are then the store-bought kind.

I have one more full day of classes, then exam on Thursday, and wrap up things, then fly back to Moscow on Friday, then Paris on Saturday, then home one week from today. Can’t wait to see everyone. Where is the July WagJerCo?

Hopefully I will post another one tomorrow.
Love,
Dad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

July is at Sam and Shell's. It sounds like you're having a nice time. No Speedo for you?

Shelley and the boys came over to play yesterday. Sam and Nate are going to play over there tomorrow while I'm at class. (Pray for Shelley.)

We miss you!

Anonymous said...

We have been having the same weather over here: 80's during the day and 60's at night.

Come on! What's wrong with speedos?

Galen Wagner said...

okay Sam, show me your speedos first.

Anonymous said...

I'm over at Sam and Shelley's with the boys so I was able to read all your messages. Sounds like you're having a great time. From what I can tell, you should be on your way to Moscow. Won't be long until you're home again. Love you. Lynn